Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Guy Food

I LOVE to cook and what makes it even more fun is that Jeremy LOVES my cooking :)  I love trying new recipes on him, and in my quest I found the ultimate snack food.  Thanks, Pinterest. 

They are called "Firecrackers"

Let me tell you... these things are good and addicting.  And, not so healthy.  So don't make them if you're on a diet.  Oops I just made Jeremy some for his trip after he declared he was on a "diet".  Ha!

What you need:

1/2 Box White Chedder Cheez-its
1/2 Box Chedder Cheeze-its
1 sleeve club crackers broken in half.
1 pkg Spicy Ranch Seasoning
2-3 heaping tablespoons Crushed Red Pepper
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil


Put all crackers in a galloon zip lock bag.
Mix ranch seasoning and crushed red pepper with the vegetable oil. 
Pour over crackers, and mix (turning in your hands) for a good while.
Lay flat on a counter and let sit overnight turning over ever so often. 

Enjoy!

These get better the longer they sit, so after 2, 3 days they are even better than on day one!  I like the club crackers but Jeremy doesn't so if I'm making them for just him I leave out the club crackers and just add more cheeze-its.

Perfect tailgate snack for football season coming up :)

Let me know if you made them and what you think!!

1 comment: