Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Our Engagement Pictures Experience



Having engagement pictures taken is something I dreamed of for so many years while watching all my friends get to experience such a fun time with their fiances.  Of course when Jeremy and I first became engaged, some of my first thoughts went to choosing a photographer (that's a later post) and planning our engagement pictures.


I knew I wanted our photos to feature us (duh!) and fall in Northwest Arkansas.  Seriously, Fayetteville is the prettiest during fall.  I also wanted our pictures to included unique locations, and have a variety of scenes (urban, outdoors, indoors, etc.).  I also warned my photog that I would be "high-maintnance" ;).



Many nights after dinner Jeremy and I would drive around Fayetteville scoping out the "perfect" locations.  With that being said, it was good to have ideas in mind and we used several of them.... but most of our favorite pictures came from walking off of the beaten path and just "going with the flow".  Even sneaking into a local coffee shop to "borrow" their electricity for our Christmas lights picture!



I had read on another photographer's blog to not stress about wedding details the day of our pictures and just spend the morning enjoying each other and flirting before our pictures.  Well.... that wasn't really realistic for us.  Jeremy attended his sister, Megan's cheerleading competition, and I got to enjoy spending hours getting ready.  (Which I will admit was SO fun... what girl doesn't love getting all dolled up).  This just meant we were able to flirt all day long in front of the camera :)



Picking our outfits.... This part was a blast.  I picked my outfits first.  I chose a variety of outfits and color schemes that I knew I would feel fantastic in :)   Then Jeremy and I went shopping for his!  I enjoyed helping him choose his outfits as much as I did shopping for mine!  We made sure not to be too "matchy" but still in the same color scheme and concept.  I think we did well :)



The day of our pictures I had a blast.  Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Jeremy has been focused on making sure I enjoy every moment and get to have my "dream wedding".  I mean seriously.... I'm a lucky girl.  He was no different for our engagement pictures.  He made sure I felt beautiful and adored, and that I enjoyed every minute.    I'll always cherish that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment