Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tis the Season for Pumpkins


Lately it seems like every weekend it rains....   This weekend, it was pretty welcome.  After several busy weeks & weekends, it was nice to have an excuse to just be a little lazy.  Friday night was the big Bentonville vs. Rogers HS game.  Typically RHS isn't a rival for Bentonville, but this year they were undefeated so they might have given us a little run for our money.   Well.... they didn't.  In true Bentonville style, we killed them.  Oh well, at least we get to watch one winning team!
It's tradition at BHS to wear camo on the day we play RHS.  Aren't my girls so cute?  They were on my good side that day ;)

Saturday Jeremy and I invited Megan (his sister) and her fiance, TJ, up for chili and to watch the Razorback game.  My guy makes the BEST chili.  Hands down. 


The way he eats his chili is a little ridiculous.  Crackers AND Fritos.  Yuck.  Meg and I may or may not have skipped on the last half of the game in favor of shopping at the Promenade.

 
On Sunday, Jeremy made good on his promise and took me to a pumpkin path near by.  It was SO much fun!  We went on a hayride and got to cut our own pumpkins.  My sister says ours looks like its rotten.   I disagree!  If you want a fun date I highly reccommend McGarrah Farms in Pea Ridge, AR.  They had TONS of pumpkins of all kinds!  I wanted a "bumpy" one, a big one, and a green one.  Oh and then I had to get some little baby pumpkins too.  Haha.... poor Jeremy. 
 

Sunday evening we lit the first fire of the season.  It's been chilly up here!  I just love the way my pumpkins look next to the lit fireplace.  Ahh... I love fall.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment