Sunday, November 4, 2012

November Days

Friday night was an important game for BHS.  The Bentonville Tigers played Fayetteville!  Bentonville is currently ranked #1 and Fayetteville was #3 on Friday night, they are always one of their biggest rivals and every year the game is intense!  This year even more so after FHS beat BHS in the Championship game last year by 1 point.  Friday at school was a hustle of activities preparing for that nights' festivities.  Days like those always wear me out.



Jeremy and I met our friends Steve and Brittany for dinner at The Flying Fish before heading out to the stadium.  Little did we know, the Bentonville square was hosting the annual Toy Fair.  It was a madhouse there.  Arriving before Brittany and Steve, we walked around the square for a while and quickly noticed that we were the ONLY ones there without kids.  Haha.  At least Jeremy got to see the cool cars used in the newest Batman movie :)  He was amused.

We had a lot of fun cheering BHS on at the game afterwards.  It was a perfect night for football.  The tigers ended up winning 24-17.


Saturday was another Razorback Football game day.  We had breakfast with our friends Kendall, Carrie and their little boy Owen at Mimi's Cafe.  If you've never been there for breakfast, you need to go!  It's one of my favorite breakfast destinations.... I love their quiche, but really anything on the menu is great!

After breakfast we headed to Razorback stadium.  It really made me sad to see how empty the place was, when considering just a year ago you couldn't even get tickets!  Now... tickets are easy to find.
At least we came away with a win over Tulsa, and it was fun watching sweet Katie Waldrip crowned Homecoming Queen!  It's always great to see such a high honor go to someone so deserving.


All my favorite local boutiques have had sales this weekend on their hogs apparel and I've definitely taken advantage :)  I'm so excited for my new hog clothes that I get to wear to the basketball games... Yes... basketball is starting and my fiance loves ANYTHING sports and Razorback.  So, I guess my Saturday's of football are just being traded in for weekday nights and weekends spent in Bud Walton.  Can't say I hate it though :)


No comments:

Post a Comment