Monday, August 6, 2012

A week in Kansas City & a trip to the ER

Jeremy headed to Kansas City last week for work, and after discovering that I had the week free, I decided to tag along and do some back to school shopping! 



I shopped every day and got caught up on some work to prepare for school starting in a few weeks.  In the evenings we enjoyed dinner out and walking around the Plaza.  If you've never been to the Plaza in Kansas City before it's really a neat little shopping district with some AMAZING stores. 

It's no secret that The Cheesecake Factory is my favorite restaurant.  I may or may not have convinced Jeremy to buy me cheesecake every night we were there :) 


One night we met Jeremy's boss and his boss' wife at a quant little restaurant called "Cafe Trio".  It was a lot of fun and great to get to meet his boss finally!  Jeremy says he had one of the best steaks of his life there, haha.  I agree,  it was that good!

Our trip took a turn for the worse when my stomach suddenly started hurting incredibly bad our last night there.  Over the night it only became worse, and I could barely walk the next day I was in so much pain.  Around noon the next day we decided I needed to visit the ER.  Not the end to our trip that I had imagined.  They were concerned it could be my appendix and then ruled that out and became concerned about my gall bladder and the possibility of having to have it removed.  There's NO way I could have had surgery with cheer practice starting this week and school starting next week for us teachers.  Luckily, my stomach pain started to subside after going over 24 hrs without food and it was decided I just had a flare up from so much rich food ( oops, probably too much cheesecake). 

Jeremy was by my side throughout the entire ordeal and I was so glad to have him there.  So, although our trip didn't turn out quite like we had planned, does life ever??





No comments:

Post a Comment