Saturday, August 11, 2012

July 26, 2013

Where are you going to be July 26th, 2013???  Well I know where Jeremy and I will be... GETTING MARRIED!!!!

Choosing a location and picking a date was definitely so much harder than I thought it would be!  We thought we knew exactly where we wanted to get married back before we were even engaged.  In fact, we had visited the place many times picturing how everything would be.  After much thought, we decided that place would not be the ideal location for us or our guests who would be traveling from out of town.  (The place was pretty far away, and we would have to have our reception about 20 minutes from the ceremony location). 

When my mom came in town a week or so after Jeremy popped the question, we began to hunt for the perfect place for us to get married!  Well... after a lot of looking we found it! 

St. Anthony's on the Creeks in Lowell, Arkansas!


When searching for the venue, I did not want to get married in a huge church.  Ideally, I wanted a quaint Chapel that would fit the number of guests we will have there.  I just didn't want a bunch of empty space that wasn't being filled by all of our family and friends.   Also, because we have such a large number of guests attending from out of town, I wanted the reception venue to be either on location or very close by.  I didn't want my guests having to drive very far and possibly get lost (hint hint Grandma and Grandpa :) )

St. Anthony's is perfect.  It seats around 160 guests, and also has a reception venue on location.  The reception venue is amazing.  It has indoor space for all our guests plus an outdoor patio!  I love it so much and cannot wait to get married there! 

Oh... and Jeremy loves it too :)   I guess that's important too!  haha.

It was really hard trying to figure out the perfect date.  Even though I'm a teacher, most of my summer's are tied up with professional development and cheerleading practice/camps.  All of June every year is booked solid.  We initially thought we would get married the last weekend of June, but after much consideration, decided to wait until the end of July.  This will give me time to do all the last minute wedding stuff and we will still have a few weeks to go on our honeymoon and get adjusted to the married life before cheerleading and school starts again!

AND... you might have noticed... July 26th is a Friday!  We chose to get married on a Friday for many reasons.  Mainly it is WAY cheaper to do this!  Also though, for our guests from out of town, they will still have the WHOLE weekend to enjoy Northwest Arkansas and get back home.  Sometimes you feel like a wedding takes up your whole weekend and you return to work the next week just plain exhausted!  I wanted to try to make our wedding as much fun and less stress on our guests as possible.  Plus, we can fly out on Saturday for our honeymoon instead of on a Sunday!  Saving more money!  Remember... Jeremy IS an accountant :)  Haha... saving money is a way of life for him!

So mark your calendars... July 26th, 2013 we will become husband & wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment