Wednesday, January 15, 2014

British Accents and TCBY

Last weekend was crazy busy but so much fun!  Although it was cold and pouring down rain, Jeremy and I went on a date on Friday night.  We went out to dinner and to see "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty".  I LOVED this movie!  We will probably watch it again once it hits Netflix.  It had a great plot, very little cussing (this is huge for us), and who doesn't love Ben Stiller??  Honestly, I was refreshed to see a movie that isn't the same typical story line....Go see it if you can!

Oh and how could I forget our little trip to TCBY.  This is my favorite yogurt place.  I always get the same thing, White Chocolate Mousse with a TON of sprinkles.  What can I say?  I love sprinkles on ice cream!  As we are eating our ice cream a group of young college students sit down next to us.  A little side note:  Jeremy and I always goof around with each other and do fake accents.  Well.... I asked Jeremy what time it was and he responded in the most ridiculous British accent.  The kids beside us heard him and started laughing.  Not the kind of "we're laughing with you" but the "we're making fun of you" kind of laughing to be followed with whispering and trying not to look obvious that they were talking about us.  Ha ha!  I about DIED.  Jeremy was just encouraged to keep it up.....  oh boy.

Saturday morning I was up bright and early to spend my day with 87 k-7 kids.  Yep....  EIGHTY SEVEN LITTLE KIDS.   32 of those were in kindergarden.



The Varsity cheerleading squad is competing at Nationals in Orlando, FL in a couple of weeks and they hosted a cheerleading clinic as one of their final fundraisers for the year.  We had a great turn out and the kids had so much fun, but oh my gosh was it exhausting!  I have SO much respect for Elementary teachers who do this on a daily basis.


The cheerleaders had fun and I know all went to bed super early that night :)

One of the things I absolutely love about our church is the many opportunities to learn, grow and serve.  They offer SO many classes!  My teacher heart just loves starting new classes to learn all I can.  ha!  We started a Discovery class to become members, finally!  So Sunday morning we started off with Discovery and then headed to the worship service.

I helped coach Varsity practice Sunday afternoon so I invited my SIL Megan to come too!  She coaches cheerleading at another school near by and is amazing at it!  It's always nice to have an extra set of eyes.  After practice Megan, Jeremy and I went to the gym and then out to dinner.

The weekends always go by so fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment