Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year 2014 Style


How can it already be another year?  Let me be cliche in joining the masses saying "Wasn't it just yesterday we were bringing in 2013?"  It is crazy to me to think how fast time flies.... sometimes I just wish it would slow down a little so I can enjoy everything better!

New Year's eve is always special to Jeremy and I because New Year's Eve 2011 was our 3rd date.  Jeremy had asked me to celebrate New Year's with him and his friends in Fayetteville and I wasn't sure whether I wanted to take a chance with him, or just stay back in Little Rock and enjoy being with my high school/college friends for the night.  My mom encouraged me to go back to Fayetteville and enjoy meeting new people and I'm SO glad I did!

(Our 1st New Year's Together)

We are so lucky to have a great group of friends to make memories with.  We went to dinner at Powerhouse (my fav), maybe consumed a few kilowatts (my fav) and just spent the night celebrating with each other.  We were so excited our friends Brittany and Steve announced they are expecting a baby this year!  This year will bring many changes for our little group but I look forward to it!

I was also excited that my best friend, Stephanie and her husband Kyle were able to come up to spend the night with us! We LOVE having company at our house, and I love it when they come up!

We ended the night at a little bar up the street and I couldn't think of a more perfect way to celebrate 2014.  I mentioned on Instagram that in 2012 Jeremy and I were engaged, 2013 we got married... now I'm just hoping for a quiet and restful 2014 :)



It wouldn't be a New Year's post without a few resolutions:
1.  I'm hoping to study the Bible more.
2.  Jeremy and I are committing to visit the gym more often.
3.  We are hoping to be more intentional with our friendships this year.  (Life can be SO busy, but we want to make more time to spend with friends this year!)

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment